Attend a meeting
We hold monthly meetings. You are welcome to attend either in-person, or via Zoom.
At 7:00pm on the third Monday of every month from January to November.
Eltham Country Fire Authority Building 909 Main Road, Eltham
(Entrance is through the front of the building. Parking is available at the rear)
What happens at EPCISG meetings?
While Eltham Prostate Cancer Information & Support Group meetings are casual, they usually follow a basic structure.
We will start the meeting with a cup of tea or coffee, then our convener opens the meeting with introductions and a reminder of the group agreement.
We then conduct a ‘health round-robin’, where attendees can share or update the group on their current circumstances if they wish to.
There is no pressure to contribute.
The round-robin leads into any other topics that attendees may wish to discuss, or questions they may wish to ask.
We usually see around 8 people per meeting, most of whom are regular attendees.
Most people prefer to attend in person, but some attend via Zoom.
Occasionally, we will have a guest speaker, usually a medical professional, or a representative from the Prostate Cancer Foundation of Australia.
The length of our meetings varies but is usually around an hour.
- What we share in the group remains confidential. What is said in the group stays in the group.
- Although we share our experiences and journeys we do not give or ask for medical advice.
- We have the opportunity for equal airtime and the right to remain silent.
- We respect each person’s opinion.
- We have the right to ask questions and the right to refuse to answer.
- We provide support to our members and their families throughout their prostate cancer journey.
- If a member passes we show compassion and support to their family.
- We participate in community events to bring about awareness of our Prostate Cancer Support Group and its benefits of attending.
- We participate in some fundraising activities to cover the costs of our group and its promotion to the Community.